A few months ago, as part of an OPERAnauts’ feasibility trip, we visited Kinshasa. OPERAnauts in collaboration with l’Orchestre Symphonique Kimbanguiste aims to stage a Classical Music & Opera concert (possibly the first in an ongoing series) in The Democratic Republic of Congo.
We met potential producers, partners, and sponsors. Hands down and a consistently warm-hearted, stylish, and wonderful people who graciously await our return. With fundraising, sponsorship, and development underway – Joy thought she would share this slideshow of a few highlights of our trip.
In these images, photographer Laurence Paverd gives us a take on the fashion and style happening right now in Kinshasa, Congo (DRC). The photos were taken in July, 2015. The text in the video joins the images to OPERAnauts’ own company values and mission priorities.
Successful Feasibility Trip to Kinshasa
We were successful in achieving ALL our desirable outcomes for the trip including cultural exchange with high school and university students; initiating mentoring music tutorial with Opera Fellows; tour cultural attractions such as Parliament, the Congo River, botanical gardens; recording souvenir photos/video for promotion of an entourage trip with OPERAnauts Carmen in Congo; evaluate venues, face-to-face meetings with administrators; begin research to promote for music event sponsorships.
To tell about the venue in Congo is Chris Rosenkrans, Director of Congo Travel &Tours
May 31st, 3:00-6:00pm
International fashion designer, Aruna Arya, with a downtown Princeton store is hosting a fundraiser for OPERAnauts to Congo.
- In the news: Princeton’s OPERAnauts partners with MCCC students
- Behind the Curtain: Kendrick Lamar – His voice like an operatic recitative
- Behind the Curtain: an interview with Craig Levesque
- Hot Dog! OPERAnauts Fundraising Meal at Tower Dogs
- Painting Party Fundraiser
- Coffee Tasting Party
- Bring Joy – Shop for Gifts
- Joins National #GivingTuesday movement
- Video – 5k Walk for Kids in Congo Video
- Every Step Counts – Walk for Kids in Congo
- Invitation to Reply with Music 5K Walk
- PIPs for Volunteers